Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wasp mods15.8.14 updated. ASR AI, blastcore visuals, tgw vehicle fixes.  (Read 12226 times)

Offline Spayker

• Administrator
  • Полковник
Re: Wasp mods15.8.14 updated. ASR AI, blastcore visuals, tgw vehicle fixes.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 01:17:06 »
The link is fixed. You may download it ;)

Offline TheDrunkVet

• Рядовой
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 02:50:14 »
It states that I need to ask permission to access.

The link is fixed. You may download it ;)

Offline Spayker

• Administrator
  • Полковник
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 14:16:17 »
Permission is granted ;)

Offline Stormx

• Рядовой
idk why my arma 2 OA misses the map chernarus when i active the mods with "-mod=@CBA_co;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@adwasp" could anyone help me ?

Offline Vanoob

• Рядовой
Hi, I recieved an error it seems a couple of people here have had, but I didn't see a fix posted for it, so i'd really appreciate some help please :)

"Include file userconfig\asr_ai\asr_ai_settings.hpp"

Just to confirm, that file was not included in the @adwasp.zip file I downloaded from this form, the closes file included that I see is "asr_ai_settings.pbo"

So it seems a file is missing, anyone know how I fix it? :)

*********UPDATE - FIXED*********

Ok, as an update to my problem post above, i've solved it and I wanted to share how, it was pretty simple actually but for someone new to Arma 2 modding like myself it can be pretty difficult to figure out.

So! The userconfig folder wasn't included in the WASP respository download, so I visited the ASR AI main page, downloaded their version and voila! The userconfig file that the game needed was there. ( You can get it here, download link at the bottom of the page http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105 ). Just put the userconfig file from the ASR AI download into the Arma 2 AO directory and it should work fine!

After that I installed the J.S.R.S sound mod and it worked first time using this guys really informative post on Steam for instructions (EXCEPT: Put the JSRS 1.5 folder inside your steamapps/Arma2 AO directory instead of in the documents like that guy says in the Steam thread) https://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/1/864957183259507799/

Then I got another error regarding the ASR AI mod when launching Arma 2 OA on Steam, I can't remember the exact error, but it basically said it needed something called "CBA Main", so I googled it, visited their mod page, downloaded CBA, put it in the Arma 2 OA directory and now all mods work fine and start without any errors. You can get CBA here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

With all that done, all errors when starting Arma 2 OA through steam have been eradicated and the game works like it should.

I hope my experience goes on to help atleast 1 other who are having difficulties, since in the first 2 minutes of using them on the WASP CTI server, I can safely say that the weapon sounds are MUCH IMPROVED over the regular arma 2 potato gun sounds, and so all of the trouble was well worth it.

Also thanks to WASP for hosting the servers for all these years and sending me in the right direction regarding modding! :)

Good luck and see you in-game!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 18:25:02 by Vanoob »

Offline Vanoob

• Рядовой
idk why my arma 2 OA misses the map chernarus when i active the mods with "-mod=@CBA_co;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@adwasp" could anyone help me ?

Also yes I had this and fixed it by verifying the Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead install in Steam.

To do this, open your steam library and find Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead > Right Click and select 'properties' > Find the 'Local Files' tab at the top of the window that opens > Click 'Verify integrity of game cache' > Wait for it to verify.

It should say that 1 file was missing and has been re aquired, you should now have the chern map back :)

Offline Funkypants

• Рядовой
Missing Chernarus & Warfare vehicle fix:

Last night I had the same problem but I realized there was no problem with my A2 or OA. All you need is download an ArmA launcher.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Offline BMP4

• Рядовой
There just been some Questions on the server about messy Arma behaviour so it would be great to make a sticky with a propper step by step

What works for me and might help others:

Version: Arma 2 complete edition on steam

Steps to not Fuck up Your Arma Installation while using wasp mods:

1. go to Armaholic and Download cba community patch (unzipped it looks like @cba_co); download asr_ai mod

2. Download wasp mod pack (unziped it looks like @adwasp); Download links available in wasp forum

(If you like a soundmod then download JSRS and follow the instructions there)

3. RUN Steam as ADMIN! And dont lie about your running it as Admin - we all know u dont when installing Arma the first time!

4. Install Arma 2 (only Arma 2!)
5. Run Arma 2 and close it
6. Install Arma OA (and only Arma OA; it will install expansion automatically)
7. Run OA and close it
8. run OA it should have A2, AOA and ACR symbols on your menu screen now; opening the expansions tab also shows that BAF/PMC light version has been installed

9. close arma and goto main folder in steam

10. now copy your unzipped folders(@cba_co and @adwasp) into your oa folder in steam

11. The adwasp-modpack has asr_ai included but a file is missing so extract the original asr_ai mod and copy the folder "userconfig" folder into your OA folder in steam

12. Start OA and go to your expansion tab

13. activate cba and adwasp mods by clicking the empty boxes. If it doesnt work propperly it still says "CBA_MAIN missing". You might try: moving @cba_oa up to the top and @adwasp down to the bottom. Dont move something else!

( If using jsrs just copy folder in your OA directory; activate the click box in main menu under expansions and set audio settings to 128 samples!!! Restart Arma and your good.)

14. Close arma and start again you should now see the cba symbol too and you shoul have no issues lunching Arma.

If that doesnt work dont mess around with the load order! Its likely things become worse! Try these steps again with clean install and/or ask an experienced player for help.

What you dont need this way is:
- Steam start options like "-mod=@cba_co; mod 2; mod3
- Arma 2 luncher as extra software
- extra start options like cpu count etc.

If you mess something up while doing these steps you might encounter issues like:

no servers in server list; A2 logo on start screen missing; start screen looks like world empty command but weired camera skipping and some kind of blue-ish water as sea; message tgw vehicle fix file missing; chernarus missing cant play mission; invisible weapons like mp5; Arma loads 2 times; etc.

Tweak:
If you have fps issues - sometimes a tweak might help. Most useful one for me was this one:

Edit ArmA2.cfg and ArmA2OA.cfg in your Documents folder on windows

Change the framerate lines there like:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

But in lategame almost everyone suffers fps issues so some things cant be fixed. Check the tweak guides out there but be aware some things are obsolete since Version 1.63.

Community Patches

They sometimes cause more trouble then needed. For instance Wheeled vehicles are slowed down to a retarded degree. Solution: Go to your Expansion -> addon Folder in OA and delete the core2patch files. Delete those with the ".PBO" extension. At least on Wasp Server you can play without em. If you play elsewhere (Why would u?!) you should keep a backup if they demand these files.

P.S.: If somethings wrong or missing - let me know it so i can fix it / add it.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:28:33 by BMP4 »

Offline E_2

• Младший-Сержант
Edit: Arma 2 server has been shut down, removing links as unnecessary
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 13:38:22 by E_2 »
Net_2 ingame